Summer in Wuhan Part 1

Eventough it's super late, let me tell you my experience about go somewhere I've neven been there before.

On the middle of May, I went to Wuhan University due to summer school which is organized by International Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS). Wuhan University is the center of geodesy and geomatics research in China, also it's China's most beautiful campus. Wuhan University is in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China. I stayed there for 10 days in hotel located right beside the campus, so it's so easy to enter campus area only by take a walk. Wuhan University provides campus-bus for reach some further parts of the campus by pay 1 RMB (Approx. 2k IDR). You have to know, the campus area is huge! Actually a lot bigger than my campus.

We're placed with 1 other friend in 1 room. Since I'm the only participant from Indonesia, so I don't have any Indonesian with me. Then, that's how I know Inia. She's from Poland, and she's currently doing research for her doctoral degree. And after all these things is over, I still miss her; Miss how she got angry with my stupidity; Miss when we drank beers and searched for ice cream as before-sleep-ritual. Haha. Inia gave me a lot of sweets from Poland (and made me worried about my weight). I believe one day, in another ocassion, we gonna meet again, when I'm already as amazing as you :)

Besides the main event, there's day when we did tour to The Gorges Dam. We needed about 2 hours-trip with high-speed train to reach the location of the dam. The Gorges Dam is currently the world's biggest dam which spans the Yangtze River with 2 kilometres long. It's amazing how they 'cut' the mountain to estabilish that area. 
Another tour is about to visit Geostar. Geostar is a company concerned in geospatial information, it includes provide data for geospatial-facilities development and research. Since Google Maps isn't available in China, Geostar created Mapworld. Mapworld is an online map with many basic informations, like address, coordinate, and picture; Also specific informations, like the quality of the road that's connected with censor in the phone. These specific informations enable user to avoid the traffic jam.

Enjoy the pictures!









































S.A

Leave a Reply