Cirebon

"Mar, kayaknya aku bakal ke tempatmu Senin depan, deh."
"Mar, I think I will come to your place on next Monday."

"Ayo, ayo!"
"Let's go, then!"


That's a very short conversation about my unplanned trip to Cirebon - since my holiday is full of unproductive days. Cirebon means City of Shrimp. Cirebon is a seashore city in the North Java which is one of greatest terasi (Indonesian traditional seasoning made from fermented shrimp) manufacturers. The temperature when I got there was more than 32 celcius degree plus intense sunlight. Almost died because of dehydration, omg. Don't ever forget to bring sunglasses.

I'm really enjoy being a traveller nowadays. Walk into the place I've never walk before. Eat foods I've never ate before. And Cirebon's culinary experience is just perfect in my tongue so far. If you're in Cirebon, you have to try nasi jamblang (jamblang rice). It's a small-served rice as a default on jamblang leaf, with other dishes you can choose as much as you want - of course with different price. Honesty I spent IDK 5k only. Never imagined the price would be that cheap! other must-try foods are: mie keriting singkawang (singkawang noodle), tapel, and nasi lengko (lengko rice). Besides of many varieties of food, Cirebon has Kejaksaan Square - a mosque area with big field in front of it. Since it's a Ramadhan when I came there, this place is crowded. Wasn't an easy way to get in and get out. Make sure all of your belongings are still in your sight.

Special pictures for you. Enjoy as always!




































S.A

Leave a Reply